Please find below some information for individuals and community groups who would like to provide support during the Covid-19 emergency:
- Ready Scotland: The Scottish Government has updated the Ready Scotland website with information and advice on how to stay safe, where to find support, and advice for businesses and community groups.
- British Red Cross: The British Red Cross has a Community Reserve Volunteer sign up and are coordinating volunteers in partnership with other 3rd sector organisations.
- Highland Third Sector Interface: (HTSI) You can download the Caithness Community Action Register here which lists the community groups working across Caithness to support during the crisis. If you would like to volunteer, you can also register with the HTSI for a callback about joining the register.
- Community Response, Resilience and Recovery Fund: has been launched and is being administered by Foundation Scotland. They are providing immediate funding to support constituted community groups and charities that are responding to the coronavirus pandemic in their local community. Funding is available between £1,000 and £5,000– focussed on immediate community needs.
- Download Guidance from Highland Council: Highland Council has issued guidance for community groups who wish to help during the crisis.
- SCVO: have launched their 3rd Sector Information Hub with extensive information to help 3rd sector groups to be safe and sustainable and a Community Assistance Directory. The directory has just launched, and local community groups are encouraged to register their capability then local people will be able to identify sources of help.